The Instructional Designer is accountable to the Manager, Learning Services for supporting the design, implementation and delivery of business process training solutions to various stakeholder groups as well as for the upkeep of the business process documentation to enable the organization to meet its goals and objectives and effectively implement business strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructional Design and Training Documentation
Contributes to the instructional design of business process training solutions; contributes to the development of training materials and business process manuals and documentation, assists with training related communications and roll outs and contributes to the project and change management initiatives related to the business process training to ensure that effective training programs and initiatives are developed to facilitate transfer of training and adoption of change across the organization and to support data integrity, data governance and internal controls effort.
- Training Delivery
Proactively delivers formal, desk-side and technology-based training solutions to various user groups in accordance with the training calendar or on an as-needed basis to ensure best-suited training programs are proposed and delivered to meet specific user needs with the utmost sense of urgency possible.
- Content Knowledge and Process Documentation
Works closely and collaboratively with business process owners and subject matter experts across all organizational entities to perform both initial and on-going analysis of existing and emerging core business processes; facilitates discussions and decision-making aimed at standardization of processes and procedures, where required, and maintains a centralized knowledge database of business process documentation and resources; updates policies and procedures and other business documentation.
- Knowledge Helpdesk
Collaboratively works with the Information Technology function and plays a role of helpdesk support for business process and knowledge related user inquiries, works closely with subject matter experts, where required, to find, develop and deliver the best solution to the user inquiry, documents proposed solutions in the helpdesk specific application and performs regular training needs analysis of the helpdesk data in order to create proactive and relevant training solutions, analyze effectiveness of the existing business processes and propose potential changes to both the business processes and the underlying technology platform.
- Business Process Improvement
Participates in the testing and implementation of process improvements or new business process initiatives to ensure business process effectiveness across the organization; May participate in property and data conversions and testing, if required.
- Stakeholder Relationship and Training Championship
Builds outstanding relationships with stakeholders across the organization, effectively and passionately communicates business process training mandate, champions and role-models knowledge sharing and acquisition of cross-functional expertise, facilitates adoption of change through training and encourages communities of practice within the organization to support the creation of the high performance culture and to contribute to employee retention and development through business process related learning.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Analytics, Education, Training & Development, Business Administration) or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in formal or desk-side training delivery
- Minimum of 5-8 years of real estate industry experience
- Solid understanding of and hands-on experience within key functional real estate business processes
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and controls
- Basic understanding of training needs and knowledge/skills gap analysis methodology and ability to translate findings into formulated training objectives
- Solid change management body of knowledge
- Previous experience of providing business process/platform helpdesk support to end users
- Excellent knowledge of a major real estate ERP preferably Yardi 7S
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid project management skills
- Solid change management skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to self-confidently, tactfully and professionally deal with employees at all levels of the organization
- Has a sense of urgency and makes training needs of others a priority
- Has a need to thrive through contributions to development and growth of others.
- Basic understanding of adult learning principles and learning styles is an asset
- Practical knowledge of training design is an asset
- Practical experience creating technical/business process documentation is an asset
- Previous exposure to the administration of a Learning Management System is an asset
- Previous experience with eLearning authoring tools is an asset.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.