Our well established Company in Toronto is currently looking for multiple Combination Snow Plow / Spreader Operators AZ or DZ to join our winter team for Seasonal – Part Time - non-union.
Must hold a valid DZ (or AZ) license, with a clean CVOR abstract. No other qualifications will be accepted.
We are a cornerstone in the construction industry, providing a full range of road building and reconstruction, asphalt production and winter maintenance services in the Greater Toronto Area for over 68 years.
To serve our customers better each day we need great people. That’s why we approach our passion for our service to our customers with the same passion for our people.
- Operation of a combination plow and wing unit safely during snow clearing operations – unit configuration consists of tandem trucks with “V” or “U” body spreaders, one way or reversible front plows, right-side wing plows, and/or DLA anti-icing equipment
- Provide complete and accurate paperwork as required (e.g. vehicle inspections, etc.)
- Ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Must be available 24 hours per day 7 days per week and able to respond to the yard location within 1 hour for winter season (October 15, 2020 to April 30, 2021). Operators for this Call-in position will be provided a weekly monetary on-call sublimate in addition any hours worked
- Available for all required shifts (weekends, evenings, nights, and holidays)
- Perform miscellaneous yard duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid DZ (or AZ) license, with a clean CVOR abstract.
- Previous plow experience is required.
- Previous truck driving experience is an asset.
- Comfortable working in adverse weather conditions.
- Committed and dependable.
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- Routine exposure to outside weather conditions including cold.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Must be able to communicate with co-worker’s safety instructions.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Come work with us!
We offer our employees top wages based on experience and benefits package.
We pride ourselves on our excellent company culture, our very clean and safe working environment, and our commitment to continue being an equal opportunity company and hiring a diverse work team.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Please apply today!