The PLC Programmer is responsible for programming Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) used for the control and automation of Chapman’s production systems.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Using control descriptions, I/O lists, electrical schematics, and drawings, creating PLC/HMI code for control of various systems.
- Assist Maintenance with start-up and troubleshooting of applied programming standards.
- Reports to management on progress of assigned projects.
- Program troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, with at least 3 years’ field experience.
- Ability to modify and updated HMI graphics.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC systems and SCADA devices.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems.
- Experience to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment in an industrial environment.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external clients, and ensuring changes/ modifications are well-documented.
- Maintain PLC/HMI standards.
- Maintain documentation on all changes and enhancements for PLC/HMI.
- Experience with coaxial & Ethernet devices.
- Self starter
- Must be computer literate with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be results- and team-oriented.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Group home and auto insurance
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Job stability (no layoffs)
- Short and long term disability
- FREE ICE CREAM!!
- We enjoy what we do and we do it best!