Stiff Boom Crane Operator - Class 1 CDL
If you know anything about the construction business, then you know that getting the right products to the right site, on-time and safely, are the benchmarks of success. It is both challenging AND rewarding work. We want folks with great people skills on our team, because in the end – people make all the difference.
We’re looking for self-sufficient, motivated Class 1 CDL drivers with Stiff Boom experience for our Winnipeg, MB, branch, located at 1330 Inkster Blvd, who want to help us expand our fast-growing business.
• Delivering product in the Province of Manitoba
• Excellent history with customer service
• Inspect vehicle daily as per Highway Traffic Act
• Maintain driver log according to Highway Traffic Act and regulations
• Ensure all safety procedures are followed
• Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and equipment
• Stiff Boom experience – Red Seal certification required
• Class 1 driver’s license – Able to provide a clean driver’s abstract (CVOR)
• Minimum 2 years experience as a commercial driver and operator
• Worker must be able to physically lift up to 100 lbs consistently
• Able to twist, bend, crouch, kneel and stand
• Ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Able to speak, read and write in English
• Knowledge of load securement
• Basic math skills
• Able to pass a Criminal Background check
• This role is fast paced and labour intensive, it requires teamwork and quality customer service
What we offer:
- Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too
- Healthcare and Dental for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- Group RRSP – save for retirement – you are eligible after 1 year of continuous employment and matches your contribution based on years of service
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- No long-haul driving – home very night
- Fleet of well-maintained trucks
- Internal Promotions
Our company is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with 44 locations across North America, from the Canadian Rockies and Pacific Northwest forests, across the Prairies to the Great Lakes and places in between. Our company was founded in 1972 and prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business. We want them to know that they can LEAN ON US!
It’s What We Do!