We are an established leader in engineering, fabrication and construction of gas compression, processing, and Heavy Oil facilities.
We are currently seeking B-Pressure Welders / Spool
Fitters to join our fabrication shops in Airdrie, AB.
We offer day, evening, and weekend shifts with premiums for evening and weekend day shifts.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a company matched group RRSP.
- Carries out pressurized mild and/or stainless steel welding requirements of jobs, observing
specific guidelines and procedures for welding
- Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), fluxcored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operates manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Removes metal and/or prepares materials for welding by gouging and grinding
- Ensures all welding equipment is clean and functional
- Assists with the maintenance and repair of welding equipment
- Hold a valid Grade B Pressure Welder Certificate of Competency or
- An Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Welder Certificate or Welder Trade Certificate along
with a valid Pressure Welder Certificate where the test is conducted by the jurisdictional inspector, and a valid Performance Qualification issued by the jurisdiction
- 2+ years of directly related work experience
- GTAW / FCAW experience required
- Spool fitting experience is an asset
- STT/RMD/ Metal core experience is an asset
- As a condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a Drug-Free Workplace Agreement, a Conflict of Interest Agreement and Confidentiality and Invention Agreement
If you are a looking to grow with a company who values work-life balance, then this may be the position for you!