We have over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. We offer our clients full-service engineering support in the design and manufacture of custom systems to meet their project’s specific requirements.
We are currently seeking a Technical Supervisor to lead, manage and direct all aspects of the Fittings and Field Service department in our Huntsville location. The successful candidate will report directly to our Plant Manager and will work closely with our Sales and Engineering Teams, with regards to the planning and implementation of plant goals and objectives.
- 5+ years previous related experience in contracting or construction management, or an equivalent combination of experience (contracting and/or construction), education and training
- Previous supervisory or management experience required
- Proven practical knowledge of current project and construction management tools and practices (eg. Cost management, scheduling, estimating, risk tools, constructability, etc.)
- Previous experience in 5-S and Lean Manufacturing is preferred
- Prior experience with fabrication is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management certification (CAPM, PMP) is considered an asset
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system an asset
- Supervise all Huntsville Fittings and Field Service department employees
- Manage and coordinate multiple technical projects of varying complexity to achieve the defined objectives of scope, quality, time and cost
- Ensure the safe, efficient, cost effective and regulatory compliant execution of all required installation activities, both in the fabrication yards and field activities
- Actively participate in proposals (preparation of quotations, project specifications, etc)
- Apply sound Project Management Methodology to ensure projects are managed effectively (eg managing scope, time, cost, performance, human resources, contracts, materials, risks and quality)
- Maintain and continuously improve ERP system as pertaining to Fittings and Field Service needs
- Participate in product and service issue resolutions with clients and customers, by recommending solutions to any problems that might be encountered
- Ensure training of all Fittings and Field Service staff to meet procedures, policies and standards. Provide orientation to all new departmental staff
- Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment
- Competitive, comprehensive salary, commensurate on experience,
- Strong safety programs,
- Generous company paid health & dental benefits,
- Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary,
- Ongoing training and support,
- Opportunities for career advancement.