We are seeking a Senior Product Design and Systems Engineering candidate to join our new product line and team!
The Senior Product Design and Systems Engineering is primarily responsible for the successful exploitation and development of new technologies, methods and/or products and systems, in order to create, enhance and/or support the product portfolio. Also, coordinates and supports sales on customer orders.
- Act as the Technical Lead, on new product development projects; generally responsible for all technical product aspects during the product development project.
- Maintain records for all related activities under Government incentive programs.
- Assess and report on competitive offerings.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to all levels of personnel
- Develop, implement and verify procedures and processes in support of the manufacturing and testing of newly launched products.
- Undertake theoretical analysis and experimentation to establish the performance potential and best practical configuration for project work.
- Maintain proper records (e.g. test results/reports) and ensure all required technical documentation is completed
- Design, maintenance, and production support
- Update procedures and processes in support of the manufacturing and testing existing products
- Recommend process changes based on business needs and client/market requirements.
- Assist the repair department with inspection, failure analysis and repair recommendations
- Applications and sales support
- Assess new applications or markets relative to current products.
- Provide assistance with technical content of new project proposals
- Technological advancement and additional administration
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all products, tools, processes, technical approaches and modeling techniques in all topics related to, Machine Vision, Photonics, Signal Processing, and related disciplines.
- Maintain knowledge of the market’s changing technical requirements, identifying needs and contributing ideas for improvements.
- Contribute ideas for improvements to existing products and new products.
- Mentor, coach and train staff in the use of technology and associated productivity tools.
- Masters and/or Ph.D. degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Hands on experience with with sensors / photonics
- Project Management certification such as PMP, or similar, desired
- 5 +years of experience in the steel rolling mill industry preferred
- 10+ years in any of the following industries: heavy equipment, mining, industrial, military or other comparable industries will be considered
- Experience leading and designing electromechanical, mechanical, electrical, and/or embedded electronics
- Experience with high-speed digital and analog designs
- Experience of FPGA, Microcontrollers/Microprocessors, and SoCs, such as Xilinx MicroBlaze, (Embedded) ARM processors
- Experience creating and reviewing assembly drawings, schematics, BOM/parts lists, and ECR/ECO/ECNs
- Experience creating and reviewing Product Definition, Product Requirements, and/or Specifications
- Experience with MatLAB Simulink, and/or SciLab
- Experience with HDL synthesis and analysis tools, specifically Xilinx ISE and Vivado
- Applications and/or design experience with force sensors, non-contact width, length measurement sensors, presence detectors, thickness, instrumentation, and automation & controls in the steel rolling mills
- Electro-Optical knowledge and design experience (such as experience with digital camera component, optics and (CCD) sensors (line and/or array) AND experience with Machine Vision systems, devices, algorithms, applications, etc.)
- Knowledge of multi-core processors, multi-threading and RTOS, such as QNX
- Knowledge of signal processing, algorithm development required, and Machine Learning
- Experience with software development using C, C++, Python
- Experience with optical design software, such as ZEMAX or Code V
- Competitive benefits package
- Extended health and life insurance
- Extended vision and dental
- Company matching RRSP
- Two weeks paid vacation plus additional floaters.
- Christmas holiday shutdown
- Good team environment and great company culture
- Clean, bright, air-conditioned environment
- On-site parking
- All PPE provided by company
As a global leader in precision measurement sensing technologies, we address an expanding array of applications in which accuracy, reliability, and repeatability make the difference. Whether it is in the design and safety of new generations of cars, trucks and planes, or optimizing advanced medical equipment and consumer products, our deep engineering expertise is making the world safer, smarter, and productive.
We are a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation. In business for almost 70 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality and industrial instrumentation.
We have facilities and operations spread around the globe and there is one consistent thread that ties everything together and ensures our continued success: Our People.