About This Opportunity
Our Maintenance Mechanics provide competent and effective maintenance support to plant operations. The Mechanic will identify, troubleshoot, and repair problems in mechanical systems within production equipment and processes. Execute electrical and diagnostics test and other tasks as needed. This role also performs preventive maintenance and systems upgrades.
Steady shifts with no rotations.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all mechanical/electrical systems and equipment; this includes disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and calibration.
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators; troubleshoot/diagnose equipment and system problems based on data received.
- Repairs and maintains the operating condition of production equipment, including reassembly of parts after completion of repair, testing, or inspection.
- Continuously improves technical skills to remain current on equipment installation and operations, including the set-up and programming processes.
- Utilizes welding skills to cut and weld metal for parts repairs, fabrication, and assembly of new equipment.
- Provides operations demonstrations on production equipment for new machine operators; communicates the various safety, control, and operating features in a clear and concise manner.
- Enters repair and maintenance data performed daily into SAP system using proper damage codes.
- Communicates potential mechanical hazards on equipment to appropriate leadership and operators.
- Coordinates completion of work orders with cross-functional team members.
- Ensures that any safety related work orders are given a top priority in operations.
- Provides recommendations on preventative maintenance programs for applicable equipment and improvement opportunities for systems functionality.
- 2+ years of work experience required
- Must have valid 433A Industrial Millwright or 442A Industrial Electrician ticket\
- Ability to work overnight shifts.
- Maintenance background should consist of hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLCs, machine tools, and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of hand, power, and electrical testing tools
- Ability to read and understand one-line diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Strong computer application skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Capable of identifying defective parts and malfunctions in the production equipment and processes
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other departments
Night Shift Premium: $1/hr
Weekend Shift Premium
- Medical and dental benefits from day 1
- Pension plan.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.