The Manager, Operations Analyst is accountable to the Vice President, Property Management - Retail for assisting with the design, implementation and continuous improvement of various business processes, metrics, projects as well as support to asset management activities intended to ensure uniform and consistent retail operations across all shopping centers to enhance the performance of properties in the retail portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Standards and Policies and Procedures
In consultation with the Vice President of the function, represents the Retail Property Management group in the company’s initiative to develop standards and organizational policies and procedures manual for processing tenant and property information ensuring consistencies across the retail portfolio.
- Business Planning Process and Analysis
Develops and manages of the company's budget and reporting processes; and provides annual revenue and expense reforecasts reports (i.e. utility analysis, general expenses analysis) in coordination with the sites as well as in providing cost-benefit analysis of the various initiatives undertaken by the department.
- Cost Reduction Analysis
Provide monthly analytical reports to Management regarding newly implemented projects to ensure in line with projected return on investment. Assist in the preparation and analysis of procurement contracts. Prepare and assist in gathering information required for tender documents. Provide on-going analysis on expenses to highlight areas of potential savings to Management. Review and provide analysis Monthly NOI, weekly AR reports. Applies financial modeling, on a regular and ad-hoc basis, to a variety of projects in order to assess the viability, profitability and ongoing operations of specific projects to assist in decision making.
- Retail Leasing Documentation Support
Liaises with Retail Lease Administration and Lease Information Integrity departments on maintaining internal library of organizational documentation and communication of portfolio information during assignments, bankruptcies and or filings, etc.
- Risk and Environmental Management Support
Works with Risk Management and Environmental Affairs departments to communicate new initiatives and requirements to retail property management to be followed across the retail portfolio.
- Vendor Selection
Works with Senior Property Management staff in vendor selection for implementation of new national initiatives; is instrumental in communicating the goals and detailed plans of new initiatives to managers across the retail portfolio.
- Continuous Improvement
Oversees the development and implementation of a knowledge-sharing network for property managers to exchange knowledge and addresses any opportunities for improvement in support of projects intended to promote consistent operations across the retail portfolio.
- Asset Management Assistance and Support: Provides assistance and support to Retail Asset Managers in the Business Planning, Forecasting, Quarterly Reporting, and Monthly Reporting cycles. Responsibilities include:
- Verification of all data by comparison to source documents
- Proof reading draft business plans and reports for consistency and format
- Assisting Asset Managers’ with adherence to process timelines and deadlines
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College degree in a related field (e.g. Commerce, Finance, etc.) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a real estate environment or equivalent
- Prior experience of successful continuous improvement effort at a national level
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/finance principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of Yardi or other ERP
- Strong knowledge Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Change and project management skills.
- Real Estate Designation/Certificate is an asset.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 281-3800.