Commercial Driver – Class DZ License w/truck mounted forklift
If you know anything about the construction business, then you know that getting the right products to the right site, on-time and safely, are the benchmarks of success. It is both challenging AND rewarding work. We are Team Convoy, and we want folks with great people skills on our team, because in the end – people make all the difference.
We’re looking for self-sufficient, motivated CDL drivers for our Kitchenr, ON location a who want to help us expand our fast-growing business.
- You take pride in accuracy. You will be diligent about safely delivering building products to job-sites and customers.
- You believe a safe truck is important for you and those who share the road with you, so you conduct daily vehicle inspections and accurately complete related documentation, as well as advise management of any equipment issues or safety hazards
- You assist our warehouse and yard staff in loading and un-loading trucks, thereby gaining knowledge about our goods and services.
- Passionate about great service & teamwork
- Dedicated to safety, on and off the road
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Class DZ Driver’s License with driver’s abstract
- Inspect vehicle daily as per Highway Traffic Act
- Maintain clean equipment and monitor maintenance requirements
- Experience with a truck mounted forklift (Moffett) is an asset
- Manual Transmission experience is an asset
- Knowledge and competency in flat deck load securement
- Knowledge in legal truck weights and weight displacement
- Physically able to complete job tasks such as climbing ladders, pulling and throwing tarps, lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Pride in being on time, self-sufficient, and able to provide knowledgeable, excellent customer service
What we offer:
- Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Healthcare and Dental for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- Group RRSP – save for retirement – you are eligible after 1 year of continuous employment and Convoy matches your contribution based on years of service
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- No long-haul driving – home very night
- Fleet of well-maintained trucks
- Internal Promotions - Find out more at https://www.convoy-supply.com/careers/overview
- Convoy can be a job… or a career. Find out more at https://www.convoy-supply.com/careers/overview
Convoy Supply is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with 44 locations across North America, from the Canadian Rockies and Pacific Northwest forests, across the Prairies to the Great Lakes and places in between. Our company was founded in 1972 and Team Convoy prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business. We want them to know that they can LEAN ON US!
It’s What We Do!