DEPARTMENT: Mountain Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Manager Snowmaking
STATUS OF POSITION: Seasonal
JOIN US FOR THE 2020/2021 WINTER SEASON!
WHO WE ARE: At Horseshoe Resort, we are a team that loves to serve people, priding ourselves on the service that our colleagues deliver to our guests. Horseshoe Resort is always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team of hospitality professionals and recreation enthusiasts. If you are outgoing, friendly and love adventure and the outdoors, you may be the person we are looking for!
The Snowmaker is responsible for efficient operation of snowmaking machinery and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all snowmaking operations and other tasks as assigned
- Equipment operation
- Some mechanical maintenance and welding
- Placing protective padding around snowmaking hydrants, lift towers, etc.
- Operate snowmobiles when in use with care and caution at all times
- Communicate and work alongside other snow makers and snow plant operator
- Perform outdoor general labour as needed
- Previous experience in snow making an asset
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible shifts to meet the demands of the coming ski season
- Ability to work outdoors in cold temperatures
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks that include bending and twisting
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
Join our team today, and enjoy employee perks such as Resort staff pass for yourself and your dependents, retail, lodging, and restaurant discounts, along with additional perks and discounts at our other affiliated resort – Deerhurst Resort in Muskoka.