POSTING DATE: April 7, 2021 POSTING #202-21 (CUPE Service)
EXPIRY DATE: April 12, 2021
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: LABORATORY SUPPORT I (General)
Primary Site: Stratford
(Shifts: days, evenings, nights, 7 day/week coverage, may be subject to change)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Charge Technologists, the Laboratory Support I General will provide support services and rotate through all areas in the Stratford Laboratory. At present these areas include Core Lab, Histology, and Microbiology. Duties will include but are not limited to, phlebotomy, patient registration, media inoculation, IHLP supply inventory, histology slide labelling, distribution, filing and tissue disposal.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Laboratory (HPHA)
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $29.49 to $31.29 per hour
- Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Certification
- Graduate of an accredited MLA training program and having successfully completed the CSMLS or MLPAO MLA examination
- Recent related experience in a similar setting preferred.
- Familiar with microbiology setup
- Familiar with phlebotomy techniques
- Familiar with all types of specimen collection
- Computer literate.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Works well under supervision and with others.
- Good communication skills.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a completed resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.