The estimator will play a critical role in the company’s manufacturing/production planning process, a high-energy individual with a passion for Material Resource Planning (MRP) who will bring enthusiasm and a collaborative approach to the role.
Working closely with the Customer Service and Manufacturing teams, the estimator will help to ensure all necessary materials, components, and processes are properly planned, and executed properly and efficiently to meet sales and operational objectives, resulting in a smooth workflow and on-time delivery to the customer.
- Overall responsibility for preparing, maintaining, and updating the master production schedule.
- Use the company’s ERP system to plan, organize and optimize production workflows and inventory
- Support the capacity planning processes (on-going) to drive operational effectiveness and to fulfill customers’ demands.
- Work closely with production supervisors, customer service, and other team members to plan, implement, and update production schedules as required.
- Communicating with all internal stakeholders (including senior management) regarding WIP, potential production issues, etc. to ensure that all materials and resources are available as required.
- Support daily,weekly, and monthly meetings (i.e. production scheduling, capacity & resource planning, inventory, and supply chain).
- Work closely with the procurement team to ensure raw materials and components are available to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Collaborating with all departments (customer service, sales, purchasing, production, and shipping) to meet promised delivery dates.
- Engaging with the company’s continuous improvement programs for the purpose of improving departmental and company-wide performance.
- Act as a backup for planning and quoting functions
- Extract data from technical drawings into excel to enable quotes
- Expedite materials through the shop floor as required to meet on-time delivery
- Maintain KPIs such as on-time deliveries and late-to-start operations
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Production estimation.
- Aerospace experience
- Must possess a thorough understanding of customer releases and MRP systems.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and the Kanban system.
- University or College degree in a related program.
- A related certification will be considered an asset (i.e. CPIM, CSCP).
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- ERP system implementation experience is highly desired.
- Organized and disciplined with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate the team to produce quality work.
- Excellent skills in application software including spreadsheets, word processing, and database software systems
- Familiar with AS9100 requirements and documentation
- Must have own transportation
We thank all applicants who apply but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that due to the nature of our business, employment eligibility is contingent upon a full Background and Security Assessment (including a Criminal Record Check).
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.