At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of Together, a healthier community for everyone.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $42.28 - Max $50.91
Current Shifts: Primarily Days
The Information & Technology Service Management Department mandate is to:
- Enable patients and families to stay connected, involved and informed in their care,
- Make it easier to make informed decisions and do the right things,
- Provide technologies and tools that make work easier, more efficient and productive,
- Enable communication and collaboration internally and externally with system partners, and
- Enable the integration and sharing of information.
The Informatics Analyst’s role contributes to the ITSM mandate by providing leadership, insight, expertise, systems knowledge and analysis in supporting the on-going evolution, expansion, improvement, use and management of information. Informatics Analysts apply their experience, knowledge, expertise and analytical skill to identify opportunities and to translate the needs of the organization into actionable solutions to maximize the use and value of information and electronic systems. Informatics Analysts are key to supporting the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care by making certain that data and related integrations are accurate. Informatics Analysts are expected to react to urgent issues, maintain the operational status of systems, propose use enhancements, implement new systems and procedures in a way that adheres to ITSM best practices and policies and related regulatory requirements. As part of the ITSM team, Informatics Analysts work closely with internal hospital departments, external health system partners and vendors to support and continually improve the use of electronic systems to the benefit of patient care in Guelph and surrounding area.
Reporting to the Manager IT Informatics, Informatics Analysts are part of a larger team of dedicated technology and information systems management professionals. This team interacts with all levels of the organizations to provide Information and Technology Management Services to Guelph General Hospital and partnered organizations.
In this role, you will:
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
- It’s one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in Health Informatics, or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in application and systems support in a hospital environment
- Prior support and maintenance experience with the integration of clinical and administrative systems common to a hospital environment an asset
- Support and maintenance experience with other applications common to a hospital environment is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using hospital information systems preferred.
- Demonstrated skills relating to improved efficiencies, clinical or operational service delivery effectiveness, quality initiatives and patient safety
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to develop and evaluate options to issues and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders to develop solutions that improve effectiveness, efficiency and quality of care.
- Strategic thinker with ability to understand process and technical implications of decisions.
- Results oriented: strives for continuous improvement and works towards continually achieving a standard of excellence
- Proven aptitude for learning new applications and technologies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional, courteous and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written etiquette in communications
- Project Management experience, certification preferred,
- Human change management skills and experience, certification preferred,
- Process analysis experience, LEAN or 6Sigma certification preferred,
- Structured systems analysis and change control experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office use experience, certification preferred
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be support and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.