At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of providing exemplary and equitable care for and with our community.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $31.37 - Max $31.79
Current Shifts: All Shifts-12 hours
The primary role of the RPN is to provide high quality, safe, effective and evidence-based care in partnership with patient and families, in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and GGH’s mission, vision, values and policies. The RPN optimizes the patient’s experience and care outcomes by:
- Being accountable for one’s decisions and professional practice;
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family;
- Collaborating with other members of the patient’s care team;
- Coordinating, communicating and documenting patient care activities.
The role of RPN in ICU must be able to provide comprehensive care to medical, surgical and cardiac patients including cardiac telemetry monitoring. The RPN must be able to respond to emergency situations by rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient care needs. They will provide support to the ICU Technician position.
In this role, you will:
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
- It’s one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Certificate of registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification (or successful completion within 6 months of offer)
- ECG (Basic) arrhythmia course (or must be currently enrolled with successful completion within 2 months of offer)
- Minimum two (2) years recent acute care clinical experience in medical/surgical nursing
- Proficient in the use of Meditech NUR and Order Entry (OE) modules and the transcription of Physicians orders
- Knowledge of Cardiac patient populations including post PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Demonstrated ability to perform a 12 lead ECG
- Knowledge of Respiratory patient populations and interventions
- Telemetry Monitoring (remote) experience (or willing to participate in learning)
- Demonstrated competence in the performance of the following skills: IV therapy (including maintenance, IV starts and IV medication administration), oral, IM and Subcutaneous medication administration, wound care, CBGM (Capillary Blood Glucose Monitoring) and phlebotomy
- Non-violent crisis intervention training
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be supported and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.