CNC Machinist - Lathe & Horizontal Boring Mill
A&D Precision Machining Inc.
Concord, ON, CanadaApply to this Job
Apply to this Job
We are Large Machine Shop located in Concord Ontario Canada which specializes in high precision machining and grinding of large components. Our main customer base is in the Power Generation Industry, Power Transmission and Oil & Gas fields, Mining, along with many other Industrial Markets.
We are currently looking for CNC Machinists, for our Horizontal Boring Mills as well as our Horizontal & Vertical Lathes.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Set-up and Machine midsize to large components, while ensuring accuracy and efficiency in both one-off and production capacity
- Ensure that safe-working procedures, good housekeeping practices and all company policies are always adhered to
- Maintain ongoing and effective communication with Plant Manager, other supervisors, Cad-Cam programmer, and Quality Manager
- De-burr, polish, and finishing of machined components when required
- Inspection of machined components in accordance with customer specification
- Strong CNC Machining experience (5+ years preferred)
- Ability to program, set-up, and operate CNC Machines with minimal oversight
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, tolerances, GD&T etc.
- Competency with QMS procedures and precision measurement techniques.
- Ability to operate machines via Siemens & Heidenhain, machine controls
- Understanding of modern work-holding and tooling technologies.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve issues with sound judgment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Perks and Benefits:
- $25/hr - $35/hr based on experience
- Health & Dental
- Life Insurance
- 3 weeks’ Vacation
- Group Benefit Plan and Uniforms
- Full-time; 42.5hrs a week, paid overtime after
- Regular Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Hours of Operations: Mon. to Fri. 6:00am to 6:00pm & Sat. 6:00am to 12:00pm
- Ample overtime available on a regular basis