Regional Sales Manager
The successful candidate will maintain our high standards of integrity and service in the building materials industry. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with builders, contractors, and consumer clients.
- Local travel within the regional area of the working branch.
- Ideally will spend approximately 80% of time prospecting, and communicating with potential or current customers
- Acquire new clients through prospecting, networking, and calling on job sites within the assigned territory
- Responsible for all field activity among assigned, prospected, and converted accounts, including customer relations, product application and stability, product sales and delivery, service, and product installation instruction and collections
- Ensure quotes and orders are accurate and follow's company sales processes.
- Ensures customer issues (i.e. service, billing or payment, delivery, etc.) are addressed promptly
- Assist in providing prompt delivery by effectively understanding and communicating appropriate product lead times and accurate customer need dates
- Inform customers of business changes such as product offering, pricing, or assembly options
- Participate in various departmental and interdepartmental training as needed
- Provide reports on customers and projects in your territory as requested by management
- May need to work flexible hours beyond regular branch office hours to make contact with contractors
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, review professional publications, establish personal networks, benchmark state-of-the-art practices, and participate in professional societies
- 2 years of experience in a sales role, preferably in the construction industry
- Basic computer knowledge including: CRM data bases, Microsoft Office (Excel) and Salesforce
- Solid understanding of the Commercial Roofing and siding/construction industry
- Able to travel, have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications, drawings, and technical data
- Able to make cold-calls
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to connect with customers
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to work flexible hours beyond normal branch office hours in order to make contact with contractors.
- Competitive Pay
- Healthcare – we offer multiple options, which includes a generous portion of single, couple, or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- 401K – save for retirement with a traditional 401K account or Roth 401K
- Employee referral bonus program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
Founded in 1972, we are a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. We pride ourselves on being the most responsive and fun place for our customers to conduct business.