We are seeking an experienced Machinist to join our manufacturing team for the afternoon shift. In this position you will be responsible for machining parts to be used in the assembly of packaging equipment.
Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Efficiently utilize all machinery in the machine shop area.
- Troubleshoot and initiate engineering changes.
- Manufacture machined parts according to the drawings (ie tolerances, finishes, etc.).
- Set up parts on machine shop equipment.
- Collaborate with other machinists for efficiency and manufacturing improvements.
- Adhere to Company safety standards.
- High School Diploma or experience relevant to the position
- Red Seal Machinist Inter-Provincial (IP) Certificate
- 2+ years of experience in conventional machining (lathe and milling).
- Experience in machining of stainless steel an asset
- Ability to interpret and understand technical and assembly drawings.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions and lift up to 50 lbs without limitations
- Able to stand for prolonged periods and work in variations of temperatures
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health/dental plan
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- RRSP with company matching
Tissue converting companies across the globe know us for our high-performance case and tray packing systems, including high-speed horizontal case packing, product handling, and top-load robotic solutions. Respected for their performance and reliability, many of our machines from the 1970’s are still in service today. We help our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers.