Assistant Financial Controller
Life is short; do you want to work somewhere awesome? Make us the key to your career! Are you seeking an empowering workplace that allows you:
- to develop a career track,
- to leverage your current skills while developing new skills,
- to work with an incredible team of people and to work independently?
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller to join our team to work out of our home office in Surrey. If you embrace high volume financial transactions, are detail oriented, a great communicator and can adapt to frequently changing priorities and workloads, you have come to the right place! The successful candidate will have the ability to take the initiative, to identify problems and be able to meet frequent deadlines.
- General Ledger Accounting Functions, including daily cash flow analysis, bank reconciliations, processing financial statements, audits, analysis of general ledger accounts, Canadian & US sales tax reporting, fixed asset/capital lease management and payment processing.
- Inventory Audit Functions including management of Inventory Count Auditors in Canada and US, review and investigation of inventory discrepancies working with branches for resolution and accurate posting of inventory adjustments and assist in inventory/cycle counts as needed.
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to develop and grow relationships
- Professional, courteous service experience with internal and external customers
- Clear verbal and written language skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Adaptability to changing priorities
Experience and Qualifications
- Recent CPA graduate
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Healthcare and Dental for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- Group RRSP – save for retirement – you are eligible after 1 year of continuous employment and Convoy matches your contribution based on years of service
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Potential career path to Warehouse management, Inside Sales, Driver
- Internal Promotions - Find out more at https://www.convoy-supply.com/careers/overview
- Convoy can be a job… or a career. Find out more at https://www.convoy-supply.com/careers/overview
Convoy Supply is a leading North American distributor of premium building products with 40 locations across North America, from the Canadian Rockies and Pacific Northwest forests, across the Prairies to the Great Lakes and places in between.
Our company was founded in 1972 and Team Convoy prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business. We want them to know that they can LEAN ON US!
It’s What We Do!