The eLearning Developer is accountable to the Manager, Learning Services for supporting the design, implementation and delivery of business process training solutions to various stakeholder groups. They are also responsible for the upkeep of the business process documentation to enable the organization to meet its goals and objectives and effectively implement business strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
eLearning Development and Training Documentation
Partner with stakeholders to manage, design and develop engaging SCORM complaint online learning content with precision using industry standard authoring tools to ensure effective and seamless delivery of elearning courseware for LMS implementation and release. Assists with training related communications and contribute to change management initiatives to facilitate transfer of training and adoption of change across the organization. . Take technical ownership for the on-line content assigned, managing it through the entire lifecycle; development, Quality Assurance, testing, production related changes and enhancements.
Content Knowledge and Process Documentation
Work closely and collaboratively with business process owners and subject matter experts to perform initial and on-going analysis of existing and emerging core business processes. Facilitates discussions and decision-making aimed at standardization of processes and procedures, where required, and maintains a centralized knowledge database of business process documentation and resources; updates policies and procedures and other business documentation.
Collaboration and Analytics
Collaboratively work with subject matter experts, to find, develop and deliver the best solution for the learning need. Performs regular training needs analysis of data in order to create proactive and relevant training solutions, analyze effectiveness of the existing business processes and propose potential changes to both the business processes and the underlying technology platform.
Business Process Improvement
Participates in the testing and implementation of process improvements or new business process initiatives to ensure business process effectiveness across the organization; May participate in property and data conversions and testing, if required.
Stakeholder Relationship and Training Championship
Builds outstanding relationships with stakeholders across the organization, effectively and passionately communicates business process training mandate, champions and role-models knowledge sharing and acquisition of cross-functional expertise, facilitates adoption of change through training and encourages communities of practice within the organization to support the creation of the high performance culture and to contribute to employee retention and development through business process related learning.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Analytics, Education, Training & Development, Business Administration) or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in eLearning creation
- Proficiency with development and publishing tools (Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia)
- Real estate industry experience is preferred
- Yardi ERP system experience preferred
- Firm understanding of training needs and knowledge/skills gap analysis methodology and ability to translate findings into formulated training objectives
- Change management experience is preferred
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Engaging eLearning design
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid project management skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to self-confidently, tactfully and professionally deal with employees at all levels of the organization
- Has a sense of urgency and makes training needs of others his/her priority
- Has a need to thrive through contributions to development and growth of others.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 281-3800.